Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mission: Explore Tokyo

I have already done more than I thought I would do this first week without school, and it's only been 3 days. And I'm enjoying myself. But I expect to get more bored soon when I run out of things to do and places to visit. Also, the people who are still in Japan for the holidays will probably be busy when I want to play. But I'll try to keep myself busy exploring Tokyo.

Monday I went out for a cup of coffee with a japanese girl that I met at the Starbucks close to my school a few months ago. We hadn't really talked much before, mostly just said 'hi' to each other when I came in at Starbucks while she was working. But when we were having coffee we found out we had many common interests. She too wants to live in Hawaii someday :)

Spent a few hours in Harajuku/Omote-sando yesterday with classmate Laura. I was unable to find a new sweater, again, but found some christmas gifts instead. We ate dinner at a pizza place called Pizza Express, which was actually a pretty fancy place despite the name that makes you think of fast food. Had a salad that was a bit pricey, but oishii (yummy)! Dinner size salads are difficult to find in Tokyo since japanese people doesn't see it as a main course, just as a side dish.
Also spent a long time at Kiddyland, a toy store with 5 floors. Laura filled up her basket with a lot of stuffed animals that she will give her friends for christmas. Crazy.
I bought myself a pok-pong, a small voodoo looking doll from Thailand that is pretty popular in Japan right now. Been wanting one for ages but they are pretty expensive so I never bought one until now.


Nice view from Pizza Express.
...

I had a panna cotta for dessert.

I love my pok-pong!

No comments: