Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in Tokyo

Haven't felt much christmas feeling this year so I haven't really missed spending christmas at home. Christmas wouldn't have been the same anyway since my family decided that we shouldn't buy any gifts for each other. But wrapping and giving away gifts are so much fun! I like receiving too of course! And my sisters would have left early and that would have been boring if I'd been home.
Something I'm actually glad that I missed this year is the food. I'm tired of eating (almost) the same food at all our special holidays. Pickled herring, meatballs and sausages are usually on the table during christmas, easter and midsummer. Why not make something different? I would love to eat thanksgiving food instead of christmas ham. When I have my own family there won't be any traditional swedish food on the table!
Yesterday I started making my untraditional christmas food. I made orange cinnamon chicken with couscous. Hiroshi made lomi lomi (raw salmon mixed with choppen onions and tomatoes) and haupia (coconut pudding) and Mark mashed some potatoes. Yummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahah well once again, Merry Christmas !

Not giving / receiving presents ? Man, i'd hate that (yeah, i got lots of books and chocolates *urgh... full stomach*).
Hum, traditionnal food is great though, and think about the person who made it, you should be thankful ^_^... plus it also gives a more 'dignified' feeling to the meal no ? Christmas spirit :)

Anyway, take care and have fun

anj

Anonymous said...

det var fantaskisk mat å härlig stämning trotts att du inte var med å jag skulle åka tidigt å cina å ola hade dratt... Pappa sa han saknade dig å det gjorde vi ju alla. Jag delade droska med farmor hem lite över elva men skulle lätt kunnat vara kvar i en två timmar till. Men jag var fruktanstvärt trött så det var nog bästa iaf. somna på soffan här hemma... å imorgon ska jag jobba. Usch å fy, inte alls sugen men två dagar sen lite ledigt igen. skööönt. :D Miss u sis. snart kramas vi!!

Anonymous said...

JÄTTEJÄTTEFIN bild med gumman. pussar

/Marie