Thursday, November 22, 2007

Eat to Live

Since coming here I've been thinking about food all the time. It's not that I constantly feel like eating, I'm just thinking about what I can eat for lunch and dinner, and what I should and shouldn't eat. It's not as easy to be healthy over here as I thought it would be. With all the unhealthy food they serve at the restaurants and sell in the convenience stores it's a wonder that japanese people still are so skinny! My friend Akiko told me that most skinny girls doesn't eat much at all, only small portions if they do eat. That's not good.
I know they cook healthier food at home too, but I'm still surpised they don't have better options when you choose to go out and eat. It's all fried food, white bread, mayonnaise and sugar in everything, and not so much vegetables. I'm always having a hard time finding something good to eat for lunch. They do sell small caesar salads at the supermarket close to my guesthouse, but I don't always feel like eating my salads in school.
When it comes to dinner it's easier to make something healthy, it's just the question if I feel like spending a longer time on cooking than it takes to cook pasta. Because that is usually what I end up eating. But I'm proud to say I've been pretty good this week! On monday I ate chicken salad, chicken with fruity couscous on tuesday and then I made salmon with green curry and potatoes yesterday. Everything with veggies of course!

No, this is not what I eat every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jag blir hungrig på din hemlagade mat sis. Massa pussar